On Wednesday, 28th April 2021, I received my breast cancer diagnosis.
They had found one tumour in my right breast: grade 1 invasive carcinoma.*
*cancer was also later found in my left breast.
Yesterday, I confirmed dates for yet another surgery: this time for a total hip replacement.
I’m still kind of processing it all so there will probably be more posts as I get my head around it. At one stage, it was looking like surgery might literally happen on the anniversary of my cancer surgery and that was … a bit much.
Now, however, it will be done before the Winter Solstice, before my birthday.
Whilst I am a poor astrologer at best, I find it reassuring that my surgery will be a couple of days after the New Moon; to me, signifying New Beginnings.
I’m hopeful that this will be a new beginning with a new part and that from here, I can focus on this next phase of life – new role, post cancer, new hip (so that I can start doing all the things I used to enjoy doing like walking, art galleries, markets, theatre shows, swimming etc.
*if you are a better astrologer, please don’t come at me with doom and gloom, you don’t really get to pick dates.
*if you are wondering what the hell I’m talking about, read the two articles below:
Howling at the Moon? The effect of lunar phases on post-surgical outcome.
Blood under the moon: the role of astrology in surgery
If you want to read about my experience with cancer – blog links below. Blackberries and Perscribed Burning is probably my favourite at the moment.
Blogging through my anniversaries last year really helped.
Gratitude practice (again a collection of those kinds of posts below) and prayer really helped.
Related blog posts: Cancer
- Blackberries and Perscribed Burning
- We are the Ancestors
- Act III
- Tips and tricks ~ Cancer Edition: Pre-Surgery
- Sunday 24th October 2021: Cancer Journal 17 ~ Chemo Edition
- Counting the Days
- Sunday 03rd October 2021: Cancer Journal 16 ~ Chemo Edition
- Milestones along the way
- Thursday 09th September 2021: Cancer Journal 15 ~ Chemo Edition
- Fuck Cancer
- Friday 13th August 2021: Cancer Journal 14 ~ Chemo Edition
- Haunted Temple, Sacred Vessel
- Friday 06th August 2021 (Cancer Journal 13)
- Friday 23rd July 2021 (Cancer Journal 12)
- The hospital week: first week post-surgery
- Wednesday 14th July 2021 (Cancer Journal 11)
- Sunday 11th July 2021 (Cancer Journal 10)
- Monday 05th July 2022 (Cancer Journal 9)
- Monday 21st June 2021 – Surgery Date (Cancer Journal 8)
- Plaster Cast
- Thursday 03rd June 2021 – the worst meltdown
- Sunday 30th May 2021: Cancer – telling your colleagues
- Friday 28th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 7)
- Friday 28th May 2021 Plastic Surgeon
- Wednesday 26th May 2021 Cancer Clinic
- Tuesday 25th May 2021 Left Breast Diagnosis
- Friday 21st May 2021: Biopsy, Left Breast
- Tuesday 18th May (Cancer Journal 6)
- Monday 17th May 2021 Arranging the biopsy
- Saturday 15th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 5)
- Wednesday 12th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 4)
- Friday 07th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 3)
- Cancer surgeon
- Sunday, 02nd May 2021 (Cancer Journal 2)
- Saturday May 01st 2021 ( Cancer Journal 1)
- Facebook post
- How to tell people you have cancer.
- Deciding strategies
- The Camus Question of Choice
- The Follow-up Tests
- The phone call.
- Check your breasts
Gratitude practice blog articles
- Ask for help – then practice gratiude
- Gratitude links roundup
- Gratitude Practice 12 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 11 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 10 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 9 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 8 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 7 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 6 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 5 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 4 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 3 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 2 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 1 of 12
- Gratitude practice 85 days of chemotherapy.
Blog posts about prayers to Healers:
Mostly reblogging of other blogs that have resonated for me although Prayers for Chronic / Acute Illness is kind of a roundup post.
Prayer to Mengloth by Nornoriel
Prayers for Chronic / Acute Illness
Leave a Reply