Despite not being a morning person, I really enjoy being up to see the dawn.
I thought I might start sharing some of the morning prayers / meditations that I do each morning.
If you have a blog post you want to share, or a prayer / meditation that you use, pop a link in the comments!
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.Meister Eckhart
I pray to you.
A fresh day has been given to me;
May I be worthy of the gift.
Book of Pagan Prayer Ceisiwr Serith
Other related blogs
- Gratitude is a verb
- How Gratitude Changes You and Your Brain
- Why gratitude is good for you
- Why I Quit My Gratitude Practice to Improve My Mental Health
- What You Need to Know About Toxic Positivity
- Giving thanks can make you happier
- How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- Gratitude vs. Toxic Positivity: Here’s The Difference, From A Therapist
- 13 Most Popular Gratitude Exercises & Activities
- What is Gratitude and Why Is It So Important?
- The how and why of practising gratitude
- 40 Simple Ways To Practice Gratitude
- 7 Scientifically Proven Benefits Of Gratitude That Will Motivate You To Give Thanks Year-Round
Accessible Peer-reviewed articles
I read a lot of peer reviewed articles as part of my process through my cancer experience.
Here are some fully accessible articles that I have read around gratitude practice.
- A systematic review of gratitude interventions: Effects on physical health and health behaviors
- Gratitude – more than just a platitude? The science behind gratitude and health
- Gratitude as a Psychotherapeutic Intervention
- Using a Gratitude Intervention to Improve the Lives of Women With Breast Cancer: A Daily Diary Study
- Spirituality and Gratitude as Predictors of the Quality of Life in Adult Cancer Patients
- Daily Feelings of Gratitude are Related to Better Mental Health Outcomes in Breast Cancer Patients: A Daily Diary Study
- Positive psychological functioning in breast cancer: An integrative review
- The Science of Gratitude
Peer-reviewed articles that require payment or university access
- The Influence of Gratitude in Physical, Psychological, and Spiritual Well-Being
- Psychosocial health mediates the gratitude-physical health link
- Gratitude and health: An updated review
- Gratitude when it is needed most: Social functions of gratitude in women with metastatic breast cancer.
- The Role of Gratitude in Breast Cancer: Its Relationships with Post-traumatic Growth, Psychological Well-Being and Distress
- Mindful gratitude journaling: psychological distress, quality of life and suffering in advanced cancer: a randomised controlled trial
- Effects of a randomized gratitude intervention on death-related fear of recurrence in breast cancer survivors.
- Optimism, social support and psychosocial functioning among women with breast cancer
RELATED BLOG POSTS: Gratitude practice
- Gratitude Links Roundup
- Ask for help – then practice gratiude
- Gratitude Practice 12 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 11 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 10 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 9 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 8 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 7 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 6 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 5 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 4 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 3 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 2 of 12
- Gratitude Practice 1 of 12
- Gratitude practice 85 days of chemotherapy.
Related blog posts: Cancer
- Blackberries & Prescribed Burning (an allegory for cancer & chemo)
- We are the Ancestors
- Act III
- Tips and tricks ~ Cancer Edition: Pre-Surgery
- Sunday 24th October 2021: Cancer Journal 17 ~ Chemo Edition
- Counting the Days
- Sunday 03rd October 2021: Cancer Journal 16 ~ Chemo Edition
- Milestones along the way
- Thursday 09th September 2021: Cancer Journal 15 ~ Chemo Edition
- Fuck Cancer
- Friday 13th August 2021: Cancer Journal 14 ~ Chemo Edition
- Haunted Temple, Sacred Vessel
- Friday 06th August 2021 (Cancer Journal 13)
- Friday 23rd July 2021 (Cancer Journal 12)
- The hospital week: first week post-surgery
- Wednesday 14th July 2021 (Cancer Journal 11)
- Sunday 11th July 2021 (Cancer Journal 10)
- Monday 05th July 2022 (Cancer Journal 9)
- Monday 21st June 2021 – Surgery Date (Cancer Journal 8)
- Plaster Cast
- Thursday 03rd June 2021 – the worst meltdown
- Sunday 30th May 2021: Cancer – telling your colleagues
- Friday 28th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 7)
- Friday 28th May 2021 Plastic Surgeon
- Wednesday 26th May 2021 Cancer Clinic
- Tuesday 25th May 2021 Left Breast Diagnosis
- Friday 21st May 2021: Biopsy, Left Breast
- Tuesday 18th May (Cancer Journal 6)
- Monday 17th May 2021 Arranging the biopsy
- Saturday 15th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 5)
- Wednesday 12th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 4)
- Friday 07th May 2021 (Cancer Journal 3)
- Cancer surgeon
- Sunday, 02nd May 2021 (Cancer Journal 2)
- Saturday May 01st 2021 ( Cancer Journal 1)
- Facebook post
- How to tell people you have cancer.
- Deciding strategies
- The Camus Question of Choice
- The Follow-up Tests
- The phone call.
- Check your breasts