The Babylonian calendar is divided into two halves – the vernal and autumn equinoxes. They usher in the periods of disharmony between the Sun and the Moon. From March to September, Utu, the Sun, is triumphant, and from September to March, Nanna-Suen is more visible. At the spring equinox, the Akiti Se-kintu (the Festival of […]Babylonian Month: September/October
If you have never looked at Neptune’s Dolphins before – it’s a marvellous blog.
They create excellent posts around Sumerian, Babylonian, and Roman Deities and practices: here are some that are relevant to the Spring Equinox and the month of September.
- BABYLONIAN MONTH: SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER
- ROMAN GODS OF THE MONTH: SEPTEMBER
- BABYLONIAN MONTH: AUGUST-SEPTEMBER: THE WASHING OF THE GODDESSES
- SUMER MONTH: MARCH/APRIL: NEW YEAR (Spring Equinox)
We draw ever closer to the Spring Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere, and I can feel it.
Instead of the traditional dates, I also observe what my friend Dr. Glenys Livingstone calls “the Cosmic Moments”.
“May we find strength of being, courage, wisdom, and compassion in our contemplations of Earth Gaia’s Creativity.”Dr. Glenys Livingstone Pagaian.Org
I recommend checking out some of the blog posts written by Glenys too.
I suspect that around the Spring Equinox or the transition into the Spring New Moon is roughly where my Hestia posts will finish up. I have no concrete plan at the moment, but just as I can feel the shift to the Equinox, I can feel that as well.
My other blog posts in this Sacred Moment series
- The Quickening/Imbolc (Southern Hemisphere)
- Winter Solstice (Southern Hemisphere)
- Samhain (Southern Hemisphere)
Other blog posts about the Spring Equinox: a deeper dive
- How To Celebrate The Spring Equinox, According To A Wiccan High Priestess (Vivianne Crowley)
- SPRING EQUINOX, OSTARA: SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE
- A 21st Century Wheel of the Year: Resilience at the Spring Equinox
- Spring Equinox – Alban Eilir
- Spring Equinox
- Hekate Devotion – Spring Equinox
- Ostara in the Southern Hemisphere ~ Mabon in the Northern Hemisphere
- Southern equinox after springtime September rains
- 10 Ways You Can Celebrate Ostara This Year
- Eostre – Spring Goddess or NeoPagan Fancy?
- Spring Equinox Rituals and Traditions
- Ostara/Spring Equinox /Vernal Equinox March 21-22
- What is Ostara?
- A Celebration for the Spring Equinox
- Summer Solstice ~ Litha
- The Spring Equinox & Ostara
- Spring Equinox or Ostara – The rites of spring: From: “The Witches Year” ~ by Lucy Cavendish
It can be difficult in Australia to find resources that address the Southern Hemisphere or Australia. Here are some starting resources that I myself have: